Thursday, January 31, 2013

Luxurious Coconut Oil For Extra Dry Skin

Image courtesy of wiangya / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Essential oils often need to be diluted, and one of the most popular choices is coconut oil.  I happened to see some in a jar at the grocery store (next to the other cooking oils) and grabbed it.  (I also saw a giant tub today at Costco.  Maybe next time...)  What is funny is that the coconut oil that I bought is a solid at room temperature, but melts at 75ish degrees (that is super scientific of me).  So pretty much you grab a tiny chunk out and it turns to oil in your hands.  For some reason I think this is funny.  Anyway.  I have been using it for diluting oils to use on my guinea pig children, and as a result have a glob of it in a bowl sitting on my bathroom counter.  I decided that my poor, dry, cracked, awful winter heels could really use some.  Ready for a recipe?

Luxurious Coconut Oil
1 tsp coconut oil
1 drop lavender

This amount will last you for a long time, as I have been using mine for about a week and still have a ton.  (And I have been using it on my kids feet as a nightly foot massage which they have been loving.)  This stuff is made of miracles.  My poor painful hideous feet are getting softer and healing!  I put it on at night, then throw on some socks, and surely enough that magical coconut oil (and lavender which makes it smell nice) is curing them.  I think if I would be more diligent and put it on in the morning too I would get even better results.  So, if you have dry anything, I highly recommend this.

P.S. This doubles as a calming solution which is safe to use on kids.  As I mentioned, I massage this on their feet at night.  Also the lavender is good for putting on cuts to help with healing.  I have been putting it on a wound on my daughter's chin, but I have no idea if it is helping.  (It's not like I'm going to put it on half the cut but not the other half...) But she likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment