Thursday, January 31, 2013

Tasty Water

Image courtesy of Somchai Som / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

The main reason I love essential oils is they smell wonderful, and of the few of them I have tried, they taste great too.  I already love water, and drink a ton, but this is a great and easy way to give water some variety.

Tasty Water
24 oz cold water
1 drop of oil
And ice so you feel like you are fancy.
(If you feel like it is too strong you can obviously add a bit more water.)

Suuuuper easy.  So far I have tried and loved: grapefruit, peppermint, and orange.  I have also tried it lemon and although I liked it I didn't love it.

It is also important for me to point out that you should only be ingesting oils that are labeled for consumption.  Several companies make oils that are pure (not diluted with other oils, chemicals, etc.) so make sure that you only are using something that you are as certain as possible is ok for you!

I suppose there are probably some health benefits to drinking water like this, but mostly I just like it for the taste.  Here are a few:

Potential benefits:
Grapefruit: appetite suppressant, mental stress, withdrawals
Peppermint: alertness/energy, cools body, really good for all sorts of digestive problems
Orange: anxiety/fear, elevates mood, digestive problems
Lemon: elevates mood, good for colds & sore throats

P.S. I am not a doctor, so just pretend this is your friend telling you about something they've learned.  Use good judgement!!

No comments:

Post a Comment